Tuesday, September 16, 2008

change of scenery

The promise of tomorrows on greener grass. Across this land Away from this feel good Pillow bed with love at my fingertips I carry a map with every inch of this playground carved inside my very skull I know you. surprise turn I know the cracks in your road I know your stories Ive heard your rhythms I speak your words I breathe in your fresh breath And sing your praises with my exhales I have climbed your peaks And swam in your frozen streams I am those very roots beneath my feet I am them and feel the tug of loveless ties Holding me in sweet complacency And with every step I pursue I am held even more Firmly at my post. inside this beautiful pigeon’s hole Asleep in the magic of serenity Silently struggling for the chaos of Those unknown And ordinary days